Transition to school
Our transition to school programme is specifically designed for our oldest preschool children, typically aged 4.5 through to starting school. We take a holistic approach to school readiness and focus on the many aspects of being ready for school, including ...
- Further developing their confidence
- Continuing to grow their communication
- Relating to others
- Understanding social rules and concepts (eg raising your hand on the mat, etc)
- Preparing their own lunch boxes on our lunch box days,
- Increased responsibilities in self help and self care skills,
- Increased responsibilities in looking after their belongings
- Recognising their own name
This programme includes weekly trips to Tamahere school.