Our Toddlers area caters for children from age 20 months to 3 ½ years old.
We understand that toddlers are energetic, curious and on the move; therefore we provide a caring environment that presents challenges and opportunities for independent exploration.
In the Toddler's’ room
- We believe that a child’s work is play, and our environment is carefully designed to give our toddlers the space and time they need to grow, play, and make discoveries.
- Our environment is an emotionally and physically safe space for learning that is built on respect, love, and trust.
- Our teachers support self initiated and emergent learning opportunities, with a variety of experiences and resources offered.
- We foster children’s independence and nurture a sense of well-being and belonging.
- We promote cooperative play experiences and the development of social skills.
- Children’s learning is further supported through care routines where children are empowered to take an active role as they move towards developing their own self-help and care skills.
- We also provide all food, nappies, and wipes for your child, including cow's milk. However we do not supply formula or breastmilk, instead we ask that you supply your preference.
Between 3 and 3 ½ years old children will transition from this room to our Preschool room. This is a process that is individual to each child and is based on readiness rather than age.
Parents/families will be fully informed about when and how the transition process will take place for their child.