Our Preschool room caters for children from 3 years to school age.
Preschoolers are learning to make sense of the world, they are developing literacy, numeracy and social skills and they have a growing sense of who they are and their place in the world around them.
We provide an exciting, challenging, and complex learning environment for individual and group experiences.
The environment encourages independence and our role is to support all children to reach their full potential and grow to become confident and competent in all they do.
Children are supported in their relationships and are sensitively guided to find peaceful resolutions to social challenges. They are empowered to be independent and take responsibility for themselves, their belongings and their actions.
Literacy and numeracy are entwined through the environment and the many experiences provided for children.
The emergent curriculum provides opportunities for children to pursue their individual interests in a meaningful purposeful way, which can mean using a variety of resources in many different and inventive ways...their imagination is limitless.
School readiness is integrated into our daily programme. Learning to read and write before they go to school is not the focus of our programme, instead we take a holistic approach and focus on many aspects involved in being ready for school, including...
- Further developing their confidence
- Continuing to grow their communication
- Relating to others
- Understanding social rules and concepts (eg raising your hand on the mat, etc)
- Preparing their own lunch boxes on our lunch box days,
- Increased responsibilities in self help and self care skills,
- Increased responsibilities in looking after their belongings
- Recognising their own name